Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My Statement on Amy Winehouse’s death


    25 07 2011
    I purchased Amy Winehouse’s debut album, Frank, the week it came out. Not because I knew of her before or because someone recommended it to me, but because I fell in love with the artwork and I have an affinity for female vocalists. I have picked up albums previously purely because of the sleeve and they have become some of my greatest friends along the musical way. Little did I know that the plastic case I had before me would hold some of the freshest and most soulful music I would ever come across.
    As I proceeded to pay the cashier informed me that the music playing in-store was from her record. It was “You Sent Me Flying,” a track that would later become a monumental reminder of the time. I did however compare her vocals to Ms. Dynamite, which at the time was singlehandedly carrying British soul music. It was the start of a great friendship.

Post Title

My Statement on Amy Winehouse’s death


Post URL

http://womencelebrity-gj.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-statement-on-amy-winehouses-death.html


Visit women celebrity for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive