Saturday, February 12, 2011

Barbra Streisand - MusiCares' Person of the Year


    Last night, a tremendous tribute was given in the honor of Barbra Streisand, at this year's MusiCares Person of the Year. A stellar musical lineup comprised of Stevie Wonder, Herbie Hancock, Diana Krall, Jeff Beck, LeAnn Rimes, Seal, Leona Lewis, Nikki Yanofsky, Tony Bennett and many others honored Barbra Streisand by performing the songs that made her famous.

    Prince was the surprise guest who introduced Barbra Streisand: "Without further ado, (please welcome) the MusiCares Person of the Year," Prince said, as the crowd rose t its feet. "The incomparable, the one and only, Barbra Streisand."

    "I'm honored to be honored," she said. "This is such a wonderful organization that takes care of its own." A few moments later an emotional Streisand choked up a little and said "I feel, deep in my heart, kind of verklempt!"

    "I love music for what it does for the soul," she said. "It let me express myself when I had no other outlet." She quoted Hans Christian Andersen: "When words fail, music speaks." 

    Barbra Streisand also took the stage and closed the evening with a medley of her hits: "Happy Days Are Here Again", "The Way We Were", "What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life?", "Evergreen", "I Finally Found Someone", and "Happy Days".

Post Title

Barbra Streisand - MusiCares' Person of the Year


Post URL

http://womencelebrity-gj.blogspot.com/2011/02/barbra-streisand-musicares-person-of.html


Visit women celebrity for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive